This site is not affiliated in any way with the Boy Scouts of America (B.S.A.). The data or content of this site in any form does not represent the opinions or position of the B.S.A. and should NOT be considered OFFICIAL data or content.
This site is strictly for informational use for the members and prospective members of Troop 1988.
Although every effort is made to verify the content of this site, it is not guaranteed to be accurate.
Web Site Policy
Troop 1988 has adopted the following policy to protect its scouts and scouters:
- Under no circumstances may contact information about a youth (under age 18) be published on the troop web site, including last name, address, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Permission must be secured in writing from any adult to make their contact information available for public viewing on the troop website.
- The troop web site will not make available to the public detailed driving directions and location details for troop scouting events at a private location without the consent of the owner of the location. The location of regular troop meetings, and events held at public locations (i.e. public campgrounds, etc.) may be posted on the web site.
- No photographs or images with the full names of the parties in the photographs or images will be placed on the troop web site without written approval. All reasonable attempts will be made to keep the identities of individuals in the photograph or image anonymous. This will be done in part by not disclosing the full names of the individuals in the photographs along with the photographs or on the web page where the image appears.
- An adult who is currently registered with Troop 1988 must serve as an advisor for the web site, and all information and materials must be approved by the advisor prior to placing them on the web site, including links to external sites.
- Troop 1988 will not link to any sites that contain material that is not appropriate to the Scouting program.